Modern Style Guide
If you want to apply a modern look to your home, there are a lot of things that you can change to give your home a modern look. For example, you can change the wall color, flooring, light fixtures, and furniture.
So if you are thinking of applying a modern style to your home, here are a few guidelines:
- Space: Modern style homes have open floor plans where there are no walls or big dividers to separate each room.
- Focus on Neutral Colors: The use of neutral colors such as grey, white, brown, or tan for the walls and floors define a modern home decorating style. It gives a clean look to your home. This can be accentuated by adding a bold or warm sofa. You could even add an area rug with a bold design to highlight to a certain part of your room.
- Glass: Glass is also one element that can help you achieve a modern style for your home. This can be accomplished through glass furnishings, like a glass coffee table. It can also be attained if you have glass walls or glass windows that display a gorgeous view. A room with lots of glass windows creates an open and spacious effect, which is what a modern home is all about.
- Technology: Adding technology like a flat screen and home entertainment can exemplify this design style, too.
- Furniture: Adding sleek and modern furniture to your home such as glass tables, sofas with geometric prints will also add up to the modern look of your house.
Modern style is all about clean, sleek lines and keeping it simple. Remember to use your furniture as works of art that you can display in such a simplistic setting. The furniture will really pop! Modern style home decorating is all about you. So don’t be afraid to experiment and try out new ideas.
Posted:6/4/2013 9:53:50 AM